Kuakini Medical and Dental Federal Credit Union was formed on January 2, 1957, originally under the name Kuakini Medical Center FCU. The credit union first served the financial needs of the employees of Kuakini Medical Center. Over the years, various amendments were made to include volunteers, employees of subsidiary companies, Fresenius Medical Care and doctors who work on the Kuakini campus and their employees.
On October 31, 2006, EKE-Hawaii Dental FCU merged with Kuakini Medical Center FCU. This merger added members and employees of Hawaii Dental Association, retirees of Eastman Kodak Corporation and other dental-related companies.
To better reflect the changes in membership eligibility, the credit union changed its name to Kuakini Medical and Dental FCU on January 8, 2008.
Today the credit union offers a wide array of services while still focusing on the medical and dental fields. This allows us to better understand and serve our members' needs and develop long-term relationships with them.